Monday, October 31, 2011

How Didn't That Happen??

I am a firm believer that if you want to be relevant in all that you do, you must truly pay attention.  I also believe that it is typically easier to pay attention to those things that you have  passion form; thus easier to pay attention to those same things. But, come on people, I know that I am not the only person that has a passion for certain things that just don't get done! These are things that you think about, feel strongly about but still do not get done or at least are not done consistently. Let me share.
I ama firm believer in Jesus Christ. I am a firm believer that, in that belief, I have both opportunity and responsibility. When I live like I believe I accomplish several specific things:
1.  I set a good example
2.  I feel GOOD about myself
3.  I keep situations from escalating
4.  I minimize the number of things I have to apologize for

But, when I allow myself to act in ways that are not consistent with my true beliefs I do tremendous damage to:

1. my own credibility
2. my most important relationships
3. movement in others toward God's kingdom

My desire is to be capable of acting the RIGHT way no matter how others choose to act. That I do not act differently than I expect myself to be,  That in doing the right thing I allow others to see that there is a different way to relate, engage and make a difference.  I know people who have found a way to do just that. I find that I admire those people routinely. However, I truly struggle in this area.  I find myself very capable of breaking my own rules when others show that they will play outside the rules.  EMBARRASSING!  I know better, and am more intelligent than that. I need to take every opportunity provided to demonstrate self-control, unconditional love, and mercy to those I love the most, my wife and my children.  Until I am able to do that I must be very careful NOT to judge them by different standards than I myself live by. When I make this transformation, I can change my expectation. With God's hand, I will become a better man and a better agent to His desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment